Thursday, April 14, 2022 Challenge yourself to finish these Bucket List activities before the semester ends
Try to complete all of these 16 campus activities to get the full Husker experience. There are plenty of foodie stops, fine arts events, social opportunities and gorgeous sites to see. Get started now to finish the list before the semester ends.
- Grab a bite to eat at the Food Trucks @ Lunch. The midday special event is April 19, outside the Willa Cather Dining Complex. Participating vendors are MotorFood, Mary Ellen’s, and Say Cheese. If you miss the first event, watch for food trucks outside Harper Dining Center on May 5 as well.
- Attend a Husker game. Softball, soccer, tennis, and baseball continue to play through the end of the semester.
- Grab a treat on campus.
- East Campus Dairy Store
- Starbucks at the City and East Unions
- Abel Dining Hall gelato bar.
– Every Wednesday until May 11, 2022, you can get milkshake or malt created from the gelato at Abel's Mini-Express line.
- Willa Cather Dining Complex dessert bar
- Enjoy the End of Year Bash. This perennial event is happening April 30 on the East Campus Mall. Cap off the school year with a free outside carnival with your Husker friends. Enjoy fun rides, games, and food, including the Zero Gravity Ride; Giant Swing; Giant Slide; midway games; funnel cakes; corn dogs; and musical entertainment.
- Participate in a group fitness class. Campus Recreation offers a wide variety of entertaining and social group classes.
- Take a stroll through a local park.
- East Campus Maxwell Arboretum
- Sheldon Art Museum Sculpture Garden
- Lincoln Sunken Gardens
- Go biking. Explore the many commuter trails in Lincoln on a BikeLNK bicycle or try mountain bike riding with Outdoor Adventures.
- Expand your cultural knowledge and perspective. Attend a Dish It Up and explore the Student Events Calendar for more cultural events or speaking events on campus.
- Participate in Lincoln Earth Day Celebration. Held at Nebraska Innovation Campus, the free 4-hour event is designed for the whole family. Enjoy live music, an interactive kids corner, food trucks, and green vehicles.
- Catch a fine arts performance
- Attend a drag show to fight food insecurity amongst Huskers. Bring a nonperishable food item to the Heroes and Villains Drag Show on April 22. All donated items benefit Husker Pantry.
- Look for a summer job or internship on Handshake.
- Take a selfie at an iconic campus spot. Check out this list of the best photo ops on campus.
- Become a registered voter. Huskers Vote Coalition is hosting another set of Voter Registration Days in the Nebraska Union.
- Gaze at the stars with all the indoor comforts. On Fridays, Saturdays, and Sundays, enjoy the Fulldome Experience at a Mueller Planetarium show in Morrill Hall.
- Cheer the runners in the 45th annual Lincoln Marathon and Half Marathon. Both the start line and finish line of the May 1 event are on the UNL campus.
- Get some Husker swag at the UNL Bookstore. Located in the Nebraska Union, any type of university merch can be found here.