It's Time to ActDiversity, Equity & Inclusion
In June 2020, Student Affairs leaders made a commitment to take an active role in creating and supporting a more unified and inclusive campus. To improve ourselves and the community we create, we are committed to listening, supporting and
advocating for what is right to confront racism and to promote racial justice, inclusion and equity.
View the 'Time to Act' communication from June 2020
Our Goals for Building Capacity in Diversity, Equity & Inclusion
- Understanding and valuing and others
- Demonstrating self-awareness
- Interacting effectively with a diversity of people
- Embodying ethical professional practice
- Fostering equity and inclusion
- This all leads to increased abilities for organizational recruitment and retention.
Student Affairs' DEI Council
Student Affairs values equity, respect, and inclusion. We encourage all staff to participate in virtual reflection spaces, where we can humbly acknowledge and process what has happened and look for ways to challenge and support each other through honest discussions. Our DEI Council represents numerous Student Affairs units and helps lead efforts to foster an inclusive and equitable experience.