Monday, February 8, 2021 Campus mobile meal order app begins accepting credit cards
In the past week, the Transact Mobile Order app was upgraded to accept credit cards at the Chick-fil-a, Starbucks, Subway, Steak 'n Shake and Valentino's locations on campus. Previously, the use of the app had been limited to individuals and students with a Campus Meal Plan and/or Dining Dollars.
Now all members of the campus community can use the app to mobile order drinks and meals with a cashless transaction - saving them the time of waiting in lines.
"The Transact Mobile Ordering has really expanded campus dining for students, especially during the COVID-19 pandemic," says Brent Freeman, senior associate director for the Nebraska Unions. "The relative ease to order food prior to getting to the unions gives students greater flexibility in their busy daily schedules and helps to limit congestion and crowds in the food court spaces."
To add the Transact Mobile Ordering app to your mobile device:
- Download the app from the App Store or Google Play.
- Select our campus, University of Nebraska–Lincoln.
- Sign in with your university credentials
To add a credit card in the Transact app:
- Open the app on your mobile device.
- Select "More" in the bottom toolbar.
- Select "Payment Methods".
- Select "Add Credit Card" and enter your card information.
- Upon completion, your credit card will appear as payment option when you checkout at any of the participating restaurants.
Transact Mobile Ordering app initially launched at UNL prior to the Fall 2020 semester for use in the revamped retail-cafe-style setup of the Selleck Dining Center. The food court restaurants in the two Union locations were gradually added to the app's restaurant listing throughout the fall semester.