Friday, June 4, 2021 Summer support groups available from CAPS
Counseling and Psychological Services (CAPS) is offering several drop-in group sessions this summer. The sessions will help students improve and understand their mental health. All UNL students are welcome to join.
- Assertiveness Training This session will discuss communication styles and how to stand your ground.
- Cognitive Distortions This session will help individuals challenge unhelpful thinking patterns.
- Empowering Self & Others: Cultivating Positive Discussion About Body Differences and Eating Patterns This session will identify warning signs and discuss eating concerns and/or body image issues.
- Guided Self-Confidence Meditation This session will introduce mindfulness and help increase self-confidence.
- Imposter Syndrome This session will help build strategies to combat imposter syndrome.
- Pandemic Resilience
This session will offer interventions (deep breathing and identity affirmation) to help handle the persisting stress from the pandemic.
For those who prefer to meet one-on-one with a therapist, remote and telehealth services appointments are available. To schedule, call (402) 472-7450.