Friday, June 4, 2021 Summer support groups available from CAPS
Counseling and Psychological Services (CAPS) is offering several drop-in group sessions this summer. The sessions will help students improve and understand their mental health. All UNL students are welcome to join.
- Assertiveness Training This session will discuss communication styles and how to stand your ground.
- Cognitive Distortions This session will help individuals challenge unhelpful thinking patterns.
- Empowering Self & Others: Cultivating Positive Discussion About Body Differences and Eating Patterns This session will identify warning signs and discuss eating concerns and/or body image issues.
- Guided Self-Confidence Meditation This session will introduce mindfulness and help increase self-confidence.
- Imposter Syndrome This session will help build strategies to combat imposter syndrome.
- Pandemic Resilience This session will offer interventions (deep breathing and identity affirmation) to help handle the persisting stress from the pandemic.
Students can view upcoming sessions and join anywhere via Zoom.
For those who prefer to meet one-on-one with a therapist, remote and telehealth services appointments are available. To schedule, call (402) 472-7450.