Wednesday, September 16, 2020 Six simple ideas for safely quarantining...while living with other people
Quarantine = Stay in Place. While not as strict as isolation, quarantining for COVID-19 can still be tricky when your living arrangements involve roommates and family - especially in tight quarters and shared rooms.
To keep everyone healthy, you can slow the spread of germs with six simple ideas.
- Disinfect these surfaces after EVERY use:
- Run the bathroom vent all the time.
- Keep your face covering or mask on at all times, unless showering, brushing your teeth, or washing your face.
- Close the toilet lid before flushing.
- When possible, stay in different rooms from roommates.
- Eat meals at different times and without other people OR with a minimum of 6 feet of physical distance between individuals.
You don't need to be actively quarantining to follow these tips, as they are great practices to use for everyday living. Remember: more cleaning = less virus. Every Husker has a role in slowing the spread of COVID-19 on campus and in the community. Step up and do your part.
Go here for more quarantining info and recommendations for UNL students.
If you need or want to seek testing for COVID-19, the university is offering free on-campus testing for students, faculty and staff through a partnership with TestNebraska. Visit this site to register for a test.