Tuesday, April 7, 2020 Meet the new ASUN Executive Team
Roni Miller, President
A political science and Spanish double-major with a minor in national security studies, Roni has been involved chairing the ASUN Campus Life & Safety committee; the Chancellor's Campus-wide Title IX Collaborative Policy subcommittee; JED Alcohol and Other Drug Council; well-being coach for Big Red Resilience and Well-Being; Honors Program peer mentor and ambassador; and Mortar Board.
During the next year in office, Roni’s goals include:
- Improve mental health resources by focusing on preventative measures and outreach, such as the Green Bandana Project, and generating support for more dispersed mental health resources, in residence halls, on east campus, and other locations.
- Continue advocacy regarding underage drinking policy and sexual misconduct, especially as it relates to the Student Code of Conduct and University Policy revision, in partnership with outreach and education on student rights and peer support.
Read more about Roni here.
Saisha Adhikari, External Vice President
A double-major in biology and psychology, Saisha is involved on campus and in the community with the Child Maltreat Research Lab; College of Arts & Sciences recruitment; University Health Center Advisory Board; The Innocents Society; Chi Omega; and Lutheran Family Services for Refugee Health Promotion.
During the upcoming year, Saisha will focus on:
- Cultivating inclusive excellence across the University. I aim to work with recently appointed Vice Chancellor for Diversity & Inclusion Dr. Marco Barker to incorporate inclusive excellence in learning, teaching, student development, institutional function, and engagement in local and global communities. This calls for our communities to not only focus on diversity, but to practice the ongoing engagement and understanding of our individual differences.
- Increase collaboration among RSOs. There needs to be a push to host events and forums where these organizations can come together to discuss challenges and solutions for increased collaboration between groups so students can foster relationships with more people and learn from each other.
- Highlighted transparency. Students deserve to be informed and have a voice regarding policies and resources that involve them. Conversing with our government leaders, University administrators, and advisory boards is a step to achieving a form of clarity. Additionally, it is a hope to bridge the gap between the student body and ASUN by making senate meetings approachable through methods like Facebook Live or hosting Nebraska Union booths with legislation.
Read more about Saisha here.
Drew Harrahill, Internal Vice President
Drew is a biochemistry major with minors in math, psychology, chemistry and physics. On campus and in the community, he has been involved as a Freshman Campus Leadership Associates (FCLA) co-director; Speaker of the Senate; undergraduate researcher in Dr. Oleh Khalimonchuk's lab; Pi Kappa Alpha fraternity; The Innocents Society; and St. Elizabeth's Hospital volunteer.
Goals for Drew while in office include:
- Continue pushing for and having substantial conversations around divestment from fossil fuels in the NU Foundation.
- Complete ongoing projects regarding textbook price transparency.
- Improve access to healthy meals for food insecure students though continued work with the Husker Pantry.
Read more about Drew here.