Wednesday, August 4, 2021 Meal Kit Mondays return at the Rec & Wellness Center
After a summer hiatus, the popular kits have returned with expanded offerings and dates.
Available on select Mondays each month at the Rec & Wellness Center, the Meal Kit Monday packages include ingredients and a recipe card to prepare a full meal in less than an hour and serve up to four individuals. The $15 pre-packed kits make mealtime easier for students and members of the campus community.
August 16 entrée choices
orders must be received by 11:59 p.m. August 11
- One Pot Swedish Meatballs & Asparagus | this classic recipe cuts back on dishes without cutting back on flavor. Served with roasted asparagus on the side for a quick and satisfying weeknight meal.
- Teriyaki Chicken Lettuce Wraps with Rice | chicken paired with bell pepper, green onion, and water chestnuts and flavored with teriyaki sauce. Nestle the mixture into a lettuce wrap and enjoy with rice on the side for a balanced meal.
- Crispy Vegan Potato Tacos | boiled potatoes come together with black beans, refried beans, avocado, and taco seasonings in a soft flour tortilla. Flavorful toppings included.
August 30 entrée choices
orders must be received by 11:59 p.m. August 25
- Cajun Shrimp | sauteed onions and colorful bell peppers are tossed with Cajun-seasoned shrimp and corn. Served over brown rice for added fiber.
- Caprese Chicken Pasta | the classic caprese trio - mozzarella, fresh tomatoes, and basil - come together with pasta and chicken and drizzled with a beautiful balsamic glaze.
- Black Bean & Sweet Potato Quesadillas | dress up the quesadilla with sweet potatoes, beans, spinach, and lots of seasonings. This dairy-free version is packed with flavor and provides a balanced meal.
Orders can be placed online. Kits will be ready for pick-up from 4:30 to 5:30 p.m. on the assigned Monday at the Wellness Kitchen inside the Rec and Wellness Center on east campus.
Questions? Reach out to Marissa Pakiz via email firstname.lastname@example.org.