Wednesday, May 12, 2021 May is Mental Health Awareness Month. Read this advice from CAPS.
May is Mental Health Awareness Month. Here are a few ways you can focus on your mental well-being and check on friends and family.
- Get at least 7 hours of sleep per night.
- Eat nutrient-rich foods like fruits, vegetables and those rich in omega-3 fatty acids.
- Exercise for at least 30 minutes per day.
- Take some time for a much-needed mental break.
- Engage in self-care activities like yoga, meditation, or journaling.
When someone close to you appears to be struggling, show your support by directly reaching out to ask if they are OK, letting them know they are not alone, and guiding them to mental health resources like Counseling & Psychological Services (available for UNL students).
Regardless of your location this summer – in Lincoln, in your hometown, or anywhere around the world – CAPS is available to support your mental health and well-being.
- Participate in a Guided Self-Confidence Meditation from 1 to 1:45 p.m. CST on Mondays.
- Schedule an appointment with a CAPS counselor at 402-472-7450.