Friday, July 31, 2020 Back-to-School Countdown: Prepare emotionally and mentally to return to campus
Only two weeks to go…August 17 is right around the corner. With the end of summer inching ever closer and the upcoming excitement building for the fall semester, you can follow these four tips from Big Red Resilience and Well-being to help prepare your emotional well-being.
- Devise a daily routine prioritizing what you need to accomplish and ensuring you have time for personal self-care. We often overlook the value a “schedule” can bring our lives amongst the swirling chaos. Other times, a routine may look great the first time you write it down, yet it might require some refinement so you can actually stick with it regularly. Read more here for help to create your daily self-care routine.
- Take control of your notifications. Technology should assist you in life but you shouldn’t feel like you are tethered to apps and devices. Minimizing the number of notifications you receive can help you focus on the notifications you need. Check out this resource for clear ideas for minimizing disruption while still staying in the loop.
- Adopt an app (or two) that supports your well-being…and actually use it. You may enjoy meditation once you get the hang of it or journaling may benefit your personal style. There are many great app choices for relaxation, mindfulness and mood – right at your fingertip (literally). You merely need to download it your mobile device and start using it. To get started, UNL’s CAPS team recommends these 23 helpful apps.
- Have a 1-on-1 conversation with a UNL Well-being Coach. The coaches are also students. They’re Huskers, too. They understand and can listen to your needs as you prepare for the semester, no matter the challenges you face. Well-being coaches are available virtually or by phone to assist you with goal-setting and connecting you with tools and resources to help you achieve. Request your personal appointment now.
Follow Big Red Resilience & Well-being on Instagram.
Want more? Read previous installments in the Back-to-School Countdown series:
- Only 3 weeks to go. Do these 4 things now. (July 27, 2020)
- Do these things now with only 5 weeks until fall semester. (July 12, 2020)