Friday, April 2, 2021 "Meet the Greeks" slated for April 9
Multicultural Greek Council is hosting a "Meet the Greeks" showcase from 5 to 6 p.m. April 9 via Zoom.
The event is open to all Husker students to learn about the numerous organizations, benefits, and traditions that make up the MGC at the University of Nebraska-Lincoln.
Attendees can expect to gain an understanding of multicultural Greek Life and to discover communities on campus that they may not be familiar with - whether they are already involved in Greek life or not. MGC organizations value scholarship and community service and the social and networking opportunities can benefit students both personally and professionally.
"As a council consisting of cultural Greek organizations on a PWI (predominantly white institution) campus, we strive to get our name out there and increase our exposure as a council," said MGC vice president Jennifer Au, "We also want to showcase the Greek organizations within our council and provide them the same exposure as well."
Currently, the council is comprised of eight organizations:
- Delta Phi Lambda: a multicultural Asian organization
- Delta Xi Nu: a multicultural based organization
- Kappa Delta Chi: a historically Latina-based organization with multicultural membership
- Lambda Phi Epsilon: a multicultural Asian organization
- Lambda Theta Nu: a historically Latina-based organization with multicultural membership
- Omega Delta Phi: a historically multicultural-based organization with multicultural membership
- Sigma Lambda Beta: a historically Latino-based fraternity with multicultural membership
- Sigma Psi Zeta: a multicultural Asian Interest organization