The Student Affairs Assessment Council facilitates outcomes-based assessment of student learning, development and programmatic outcomes in order to enhance the collegiate and educational experiences outside the classroom. Responsible for providing a forum for discussion of assessment issues, as well as for recommendation of assessment practices and professional development opportunities, the Council supports a culture of student learning and developmentfrom which will naturally arise a culture of assessment that is staff-driven and divisionally supported.The Council will focus on the following activities:
- Outcome assessment and assessment student out-of-classroom learning, with particular attention to divisional and departmental contributions to the university mission, the mission of the division, as well as the missions of individual departments.
- Collect, analyze and summarize data necessary for departmental program reviews.
- Provide professional development opportunities related to assessment and program evaluation for staff in the division.
- Measure the impact of our work in Student Affairs, both individually and collectively.
- Review department annual assessment plans and reports and providing feedback to enable continued improvement.
- Facilitate sharing of assessment strategies and ways to improve student learning in departments and programs within Student Affairs.