Student Support during COVID-19

COVID-19 can personally impact students in a variety of ways, even if they themselves do not have the virus. Student Advocacy and Support is here to support and assist students who are navigating some of these challenging circumstances. We can help students communicate with professors to request flexibility in how to complete course requirements, notify instructors of an absence, or explain how to withdraw from class(es) due to COVID-19.

If a student has a disability and/or chronic health condition that makes them high risk for COVID-19 students should request a meeting with Services for Students with Disabilities to discuss how these concerns can be best accommodated.

Students seeking assistance in requesting academic flexibility from faculty or university administrators due to personal circumstances further impacted by COVID-19, but unrelated to an existing health condition, can complete the COVID-19 Academic Flexibility Request Form.

Learn more about academic flexibility requests

Students who test positive for COVID-19 may submit an absence notification request to gain assistance in notifying instructors about the student’s absence and when the student expects to re-engage in academic work (if known). Students are responsible for contacting their instructors once they are able to discuss missed coursework.

Learn more about absence notifications

Students taking time away for treatment of or recovery from COVID-19 are eligible to request a medical withdrawal for a current or previous term.

Learn more about medical withdrawal