Saturday, October 10, 2020 Study Spots: Outside patio and cafe spaces abound for a refreshing study time
You may be used to camping out in the library or union to study and do homework. With limited seating to promote social distancing inside, outdoors can offer the optimal study spot. Whether you're looking to safely study with a group, enjoy an outdoor cafe atmosphere or simply soak in some beautiful weather, one of these spots will work perfectly for you.
- Nebraska East Union: the newly-built outdoor patio (shown in photo) features an outdoor fireplace and is adjacent to the Starbucks inside.
- Rec & Wellness Center: both the 2nd-floor rooftop plaza adjacent to the Cardio Cube and the covered wooden pavilion in the outside courts area provide spacious socially-distanced spots with plenty of tables and seating.
- Willa Cather Dining Center: Umbrella-shaded tables dot the outside plaza. An expansive retaining wall provides an expansive area to spread out too. Pop inside the building to grab snacks and beverages from Herbie's Market.
- Love Library North: Numerous outdoor tables and chair can be found spread out on the plaza connected the Adele Learning Commons. Need a drink? You're steps away from the Dunkin' inside the learning commons.
- Campus Rec Center: outside the main entrance - next to the bike racks- is a quaint patio with picnic tables, chairs and benches.
- Howard Hawkes Hall: the building housing the College of Business has a cluster of patio tables and seating along the sunny north-side passageway it shares with Kaufman Hall.
- Nebraska Union: the ever-popular plaza is conveniently located on campus with a multitude of seating options, including umbrella tables, retaining walls, concrete benches, and the recently-added covered tents. Grab a drink or meal from one of the six food court vendors inside and enjoy the background sounds of Broyhill Fountain while you hit the books.
Find more campus spaces with this interactive map.