Monday, December 6, 2021 Before leaving for winter break, DO THESE THINGS
The last days of the semester are crazy busy. While you finish group projects, put finishing touches on papers and study diligently for final exams, you're trying to organize your personal stuff before departing campus for the Winter Break, too. Use this checklist to help you minimize the stress of preparing to be away for an extended period.
- Get a free COVID-19 test before returning home. Use the Safer Community app to find testing locations and schedule your time. By getting tested before you leave, you'll help protect yourself, your family and the community.
- Sell back textbooks to the Campus Store inside the Nebraska Union.
- Return or renew books from the UNL Libraries.
- Get a free flu shot at the University Health Center.
- Sign up and commit to help with the MLK Week of Service project in January 2022.
- Make a plan for your prescriptions with the University Health Center's pharmacy. Mail order, curbside delivery, and other delivery options available. Call 402-472-7457.
- Store your bicycle in your room or apartment.
- Clear out uneaten food. Help other Huskers by dropping off non-perishable items at one of the Husker Pantry's on-campus drop-off bins.
- Register your RSO for a booth/table space at the Spring Club Fair.
- Grab your workout clothes and sports gear from your rented locker in one of the Campus Rec facilities.
- Gather your laundry - including bed sheets and towels - to wash and bring back fresh to campus.
- Empty the trash cans and recycling bins. Do not flush or toss unwanted medications; use the Safe Disposal Box at the University Health Center’s pharmacy.
- Unplug all electric devices - including computers, hair dryers, TVs, video game players, and countertop appliances.
- Take your houseplants and fish.
- Close and tightly latch windows.
- Turn off lights and lock the door.