Friday, April 22, 2022 Before leaving for summer, do these things
The last days of the semester are crazy busy. While you finish the group projects and study for final exams, you're trying to organize your personal stuff before departing campus for summer, too.
Use this checklist to help you minimize the stress in the last three weeks of the spring semester.
- Return any misplaced green OZZI containers and plates, cups, and silverware to the dining centers. You get full amnesty - no questions asked.
If you have Dining Dollars left in your account, use up the balance at the dining centers, Herbie's Markets, Husker Heroes, and the Nebraska Union food court. Academic-year meal swipes and Dining Dollars will expire at 9 p.m. May 14, 2022.
Help other Huskers with your surplus Dining Dollars:
Starting May 2, all Herbie's Market locations will stock extra non-perishable food items for you to purchase and donate to Husker Pantry. Donation bins will be located in each market.
- Prepare now for a proper checkout from your residence hall. Connect with your RA to ask for a checklist or the most-up-to-date details for a stress-free and successful room checkout.
- Sell back textbooks to the Campus Store inside the Nebraska Union.
- Return or renew books and equipment at the UNL Libraries.
- New officers of student clubs and organizations should complete the RSO Annual Orientation and re-register their organization for the next academic year.
- Make a plan for your prescriptions with the University Health Center's pharmacy. Free mail order and other delivery options are available.
- As you pack for move-out, try to recycle, donate, repurpose and safely dispose of items instead of putting them in the trash:
- Deposit unwanted medications at the Safe Disposal Box at the University Health Center’s pharmacy. Do not flush medications in the toilet or toss them in the trash.
- A good first step to finding a new home for items is repurposing - give clothing, food and furniture to a friend or roommate who can make use of them.
- Residence hall residents: From May 2–13, donation bins for Goodwill Industries and Husker Pantry will be located at each 24-hour welcome desk and The Village front desk. Use these guidelines to know what you can place in each bin.
- Treat your bicycle to a tune-up at the Bike Shop in the Outdoor Adventures Center.
- Grab your workout clothes and sports gear from your rented locker in one of the Campus Rec facilities.
- Look for a summer job or internship on Handshake.
- Easily lock in your fall living arrangements with an on-campus contract.
- Attend the free End of Year Bash with your friends on April 30.
- Follow @unlstudentlife and @unlincoln on Instagram to engage daily and stay connected with campus. Tag these two accounts and use #lifeatNebraska in your photos, stories, and reels to let other Huskers know what you are doing this summer.
- Take one last Spring 2022 group photo with your roommates, friends, RSO members, sorority, and fraternity. Hug and fist-bump your best Husker pals.
- Gather up your houseplants.
- Close and tightly latch windows.
- Turn off lights and lock the door.
Enjoy a wonderful and safe summer. We're already looking forward to your return in Fall 2022.