Friday, April 23, 2021 Before leaving for summer, DO THESE THINGS
The last days of the semester are crazy busy. While you finish the group projects and cram for final exams, you're trying to organize your personal stuff before departing campus for summer, too. Use this checklist to help you minimize the stress in the last two weeks of the spring semester.
- Get a free COVID-19 saliva test. Even if you've been vaccinated, GET TESTED. It only takes a few minutes and you will be protecting yourself, your family, and the community. Use the Safer Community app to schedule an appointment at one of the numerous campus testing sites.
- Make a plan for traveling safely during the pandemic to your summer location. COVID-19 is still happening, so now is not the time to let down your guard. Continued practice of proper hygiene precautions will help prevent an illness from disrupting your summer.
- If you have Dining Dollars left in your account, use up the remaining balance at the dining centers, Herbie's Markets, Husker Heroes, and the Nebraska Union food court.
- Sell back textbooks to the Campus Store inside the Nebraska Union.
- Return or renew books at the UNL Libraries.
- Make a plan for your prescriptions with the University Health Center's pharmacy. Mail order, curbside delivery, and other delivery options are available.
- Treat your bicycle to a tune-up at the Bike Shop in the Outdoor Adventures Center.
- Grab your workout clothes and sports gear from your rented locker in one of the Campus Rec facilities.
- As you pack for move-out, try to recycle, donate, repurpose and safely dispose of items instead of putting them in the trash:
- Deposit unwanted medications at the Safe Disposal Box at the University Health Center’s pharmacy. Do not flush medications in the toilet or toss them in the trash.
- Help other Huskers by dropping off non-perishable food items and unused school supplies, cleaning products, and toiletries at one of the Husker Pantry's on-campus drop-off bins.
- Donate clothes and furniture in clean & good condition to a local agency like Goodwill or at a People's City Mission collection bin. If you live in a campus residence hall, check with the RA to see if your complex is organizing a drop-off site for residents.
- Follow @unlstudentlife and @unlincoln on Instagram to engage daily and stay connected with campus. Tag these two accounts and #lifeatNebraska in your photos, stories, and reels to let other Huskers know what you are doing this summer.
- Take one last Spring 2021 group photo with your roommates, friends, RSO members, sorority, and fraternity. Safely hug and fist-bump your best Husker pals.
- Gather up your houseplants and fish.
- Close and tightly latch windows.
- Turn off lights and lock the door.
Enjoy a wonderful and safe summer. We're already excited for everyone to return in Fall 2021.