Friday, November 20, 2020 Before leaving campus, DO THESE THINGS
The last days of the semester are crazy busy. While you finish the group projects and cram for final exams, you're trying to organize your personal stuff before departing campus for Thanksgiving or the Winter Interim, too. Use this checklist to help you minimize the stress of preparing to be away for an extended period of time.
- Get a free COVID-19 test. There are two on-campus testing sites and the test takes only 10 seconds. Get tested to protect yourself, your family, and the community.
- Sell back textbooks to the Campus Store inside the Nebraska Union.
- Return or renew books at the UNL Libraries.
- Get a free flu shot at the University Health Center.
- Make a plan for your prescriptions with the University Health Center's pharmacy. Mail order, curbside delivery, and other delivery options available. Call 402-472-7457.
- Store your bicycle in your room or apartment.
- Write a reminder that student health insurance registration for spring semester opens December 1, 2020.
- Clear out uneaten food. Help other Huskers by dropping off non-perishable items at one of the Husker Pantry's on-campus drop-off bins.
- Grab your workout clothes and sports gear from your rented locker in one of the Campus Rec facilities.
- Gather your laundry - including bed sheets and towels - to wash and bring back fresh to campus.
- Empty the trash cans and recycling bins. Do not flush or toss unwanted medications; use the Safe Disposal Box at the University Health Center’s pharmacy.
- Unplug all electric devices - including computers, hair dryers, TVs, video game players, and countertop appliances.
- Take your houseplants and fish.
- Close and tightly latch windows.
- Turn off lights and lock the door.
Enjoy a wonderful and safe break. Continue to practice the COVID-19 safety guidelines of physical distancing, wearing a face covering, washing your hands frequently, and avoiding large crowds or gatherings.