Sunday, July 25, 2021 Back-to-School Countdown: Only 4 weeks to go. Do these 6 things now.
Only four weeks remain until the fall semester begins on August 23, 2021. Here’s some things you can do in the next two weeks to get a jump start on your return to campus and minimize delays.
- Submit your COVID-19 vaccine information to the Voluntary COVID-19 Vaccine Registry.
By registering your vaccine information, you help our campus better understand the breadth of vaccine rates in our community and assist in planning for the fall semester. You'll also be entered to win a number of prizes. Anyone who registers by August 15 will be eligible for the Grand Prizes, which include five prizes worth one year of resident undergraduate tuition and fees ($9,872).
- Order your books online and have them delivered to your current address.
Huskers are encouraged to order books between now and August 9 from the University Bookstore and have the materials shipped directly to their current address before coming to campus. You also can pre-order textbooks in the MyRED portal. Select the Enrollment tab in the navigation bar and choose Textbook Online Ordering button on the page.
Ordering early and receiving the materials at your current address decreases crowding at the bookstore during the first two weeks of class – and minimizes the possibility that you'll need to stand in a long line for an extended time. If you purchase textbooks with your NCard, you'll be able to use financial aid funds to pay for books.
- If you need a new NCard, apply for it now.
Use the easy online form to enter your info and upload your headshot photo. You’ll receive an email when your new card is ready, and you can schedule an appointment time to pick it up.
- Get an appointment with Husker Hub to talk about financial aid or class registration.
Get ahead and schedule a 1-on-1 virtual appointment with a Husker Hub specialist. You can visit with them from 8:30 a.m. to 4 p.m. CST Monday–Friday.
- Order your parking permit. UNL Parking & Transit Services has a handy online Student Parking Permit Purchase Guide that explains the various permit options and costs. It also walks you through the steps of ordering online. If you need assistance, call 402-472-1800.
- Set yourself on the path for success with academic coaching and well-being coaching.
The Center for Academic Success and Transition (CAST) coaches provide support to undergraduate students by helping to strengthen academic skills. The coaches build supportive relationships with you to identify areas for enhancement, learn study and life skills, and create action plans. Schedule your 1-on-1 appointment.
Big Red Resilience and Well-being (BRRWB) offers well-being coaching by trained peers. Sessions focus on gratitude, social connection, stress management, emotional awareness, strength building, growth mindsets and transitions – all through the use of the nine dimensions of well-being. Schedule a well-being coaching session to begin the fall semester refreshed and balanced.