Inspiring Excellence Student Affairs' Staff Awards
Each spring Student Affairs recognizes professional staff for their contributions to providing a safe and inclusive living and learning experience that inspires students to recognize and achieve their aspirations.
The six award categories that represent our values, integral principles that guide our daily operations and interactions. Those categories are:
An award to recognize outstanding campus partners beyond Student Affairs who help to advance student learning, maximize resources and/or facilitate civic engagement.
An award to recognize individuals who promote a sense of belonging through programs, words, behaviors, and model advocacy and social justice through their actions.
An award to recognize individuals who nurture growth, learning and well-being and help develop a campus environment that encourages kindness, offers support, honors compassion, builds relationships and connects faculty, staff and students.
An award to recognize individuals and units who seek new and creative solutions to challenges facing our campus and community.
An award to recognize individuals who help foster diverse, accessible and caring communities that promote full and equal participation and respect each individual’s personal stories.
An award to recognize individuals who embody inclusive leadership and further the development of ethical, responsible and collaborative leaders.
Colleagues annually can nominate staff for awards by detailing how this individual demonstrates this award category. Nominations are collected each spring with awardees being recognized during a reception in May.
Directors and AVC roles are ineligible to receive these awards.
- Jenni Brost, New Student Enrollment
- Public Health Advocacy Team
- Facilities Planning & Construction
- Facilities Maintenance & Operations
- Marnee Nelson, Education Abroad
- Dan Hudson, Residence Life
- Brittany Meiners, Student Affairs Marketing & Communications
- COVID Care Team
- Pat Tetreault, Women's Center & LGBTQA+ Center
- Cory Densberger, Nebraska Unions
- Zac Brost, Campus Recreation
- John Goldrich, Counseling & Psychological Services
- Kenji Madison, Big Red Resilience & Well-being
- Deb McConahie, Residence Life
- Isolation Housing Team
- Lanie Stutz, Center for Advocacy, Response & Education
- Melissa Wilkerson, Center for Advocacy, Response & Education
- Elizabeth Arthur, University Housing
- Christopher Dulak, Student Affairs Marketing & Communication
- Joan Mendoza-Gorham, TRIO Upward Bound
- Laura Shell, Big Red Resilience & Well-being
- SA Diversity, Equity & Inclusion Council
- Racial Justice Action Teams
- Katherine Montoya, Residence Life
- Melanie Skocy, Residence Life
- Sally Pfeiffer, Campus Recreation
- Kate Burger, University Housing
- Marcus Gonzales, University Housing
- Andrea Lopez, University Housing
- Jeff Filberty, Student Affairs Business Services
- Karen Standley, Student Affairs Business Services
- Student Conduct & Community Standards
- Events Committee
- Sharleen Roth, University Housing
- Campus Recreation
- Center for Advocacy, Response & Education
- Linda Moody, Center for Civic Engagement
- Dining Services
- Selma De Anda, TRIO
- Abby Groth, Learning Communities
- Tony Rathgeber, University Housing
- Callie Wilhite, UNL Children's Center
- Brent Freeman, Nebraska Unions
- Kathryn Grier, Student Involvement
- Rob Andrews, Residence Life
- Jordan Messerer, Campus Recreation
Vice Chancellor's Award for Campus Impact
- Counseling & Psychological Services (CAPS)
- Student Leadership, Involvement & Community Engagement
- Residence Life
- Services for Students with Disabilities